First Year 101
Adjusting to College-Level Academics
FY 101, offered Fall term, is Hanover's half-credit college success course required for all First Year students. FY 101 is specifically designed to help students make the academic transition from high school to college. FY101 focuses on:
- College-level critical thinking, reading, and writing skills;
- Specific study strategies for math, science, foreign languages, etc.;
- The importance of time management and tips, tricks and skills for getting organized;
- The importance of balance. Getting involved without being too involved, and managing extra-curricular issues that can get in the way of academic success;
- The difference in expectations between high school and college.
Students can register for FY 101 during Spring and Summer LEAP sessions.