The Learning Center offers Academic Tutoring, Mentoring and Coaching free to all students at Hanover College in their pursuit of academic excellence. Our goal is to help good students become better students through active engagement. Our trained peer tutors are here to help make sure that each student has the opportunity to get the most out of their Hanover education.
Look what's new!
Read & Write Gold is a free innovative software program designed to support & improve close reading, writing, research, and study skills. Available for download to all students, faculty and staff.
Click on the icon below to install Read & Write Gold to your personal computer.
Learning Center Location (1st floor of Duggan Library) & Hours:
- Tutors available during Open Hours Sunday-Thursday evenings from 7:00-11:00 p.m. (fall & winter terms)
- Open during library hours for use as a quiet study space for individuals and groups of students
Ways to find a tutor
- Visit our Services page to find a specific tutor and send an email directly.
- Contact the Learning Center at email@example.com or call x7128 for help finding a tutor.
Reasons To Visit The Learning Center:
- You want to improve your grades and/or test performance.
- You want someone to read a paper for you and provide feedback.
- You're attending class regularly but feel like you're not grasping important concepts.
- You're having trouble with a particular class and/or homework assignment.
- You're spending hours studying but still not “getting it."
- You feel like you don't have enough time to get everything done.
- You need guidance on figuring out the best way to take notes in class.
- You need a place to study outside your dorm room.
If you are having any academic challenges, whether it be in a specific class or with study skills, the Learning Center staff can help.
2015-2016 Learning Center Tutors
Contact the Learning Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.